The Tulip One-Step Moody Blues Tie-Dye Kit is full of colorful fun! Stocked with 3 bottles of vibrant One-Step Dye, supplies and an inspiration guide, this kit is ready for your creativity. Who knew tie dyeing could be this easy?
- Kit includes enough tie-dye supplies to create up to 9 projects
- Each bottle makes up to 4 fl. oz. of dye
- Features 3 easy-squeeze bottles of highly-concentrated nontoxic One-Step dyes in coordinating popular colors – just add water to activate
- Step-by-step technique guide features over 8 tie-dye looks to choose from
- No need to presoak fabrics in soda ash before dyeing
- Dyes are safe to machine wash – colors stay bright and bold through repeated washings
- Use with 100% natural fiber fabrics like cotton, rayon and wool for best results
- Perfect for solo projects and family fun
Note: project count will vary based on size of garment and amount of dye used. Dyes will appear darker on damp fabric prior to washing and will naturally lighten after laundering.
How to Use:
1. Protect work surface with a plastic tablecloth or trash bags. Cover with a layer of paper towels.
2. Prewash fabric to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener or dryer sheet.
3. Choose desired technique. If using wet technique, use directly from washer. If using dry technique, first dry fabric in dryer.
4. Wearing rubber gloves, add water to dye bottle, filling to line. Replace cap tightly. Shake until dye is dissolved. Use full-strength for intense colours. For a lighter shade of colour, add more water using extra bottle if needed.
5. Apply dye on fabric, checking to make sure dye has penetrated into creases and folds. Do not over-saturate fabric. If dye colours are applied too close together, the colours may become muddy. Check backside of fabric item to make sure dye has penetrated to backside. If not, carefully flip fabric item over and add dye.
6. Cover dyed fabric with plastic wrap to keep damp. Let set 6-8 hours or longer for most intense colours. Fully rinse dyed fabric in warm water until all extra dye is removed and water runs clear - removing rubber bands if used.
7. Fill washer to large load setting with hottest water suitable for the fabric and a small amount of laundry soap. Wash and dry separately. 8. Wash separately the first few washes. Do not allow dyed fabric to rest wet on other items.
- Note: Do not add water to dye until you are prepared to apply it. Apply dye within 24 hours after mixing. Dye left unapplied after 24 hours will begin to lose concentration and will result in noticeably weaker colour intensity.
- Cover work surface with disposable plastic tablecloth or plastic trash bag to prevent dye from staining work surface.
- Make sure excess dye dust is removed from work area, as it is invisible until it reacts with water.
- Create new colours by blending dyes.
- Cover dyed fabric with plastic to keep it from drying out; fabric that dries before dye is finished setting can result in weaker colour concentration and less intensity.
- Precautionary note: Always wear gloves when working with dyes. Dry dye powder can cause an allergic reaction in some people.
- Avoid inhaling dye dust over an extended period of time. Use in well-ventilated area.
- Supervise children making tie-dye projects.
- Caution: May irritate skin and eyes. Avoid contact with eyes, skin or clothing. Do not swallow. Wear rubber gloves and safety glasses. Keep out of reach of children. First Aid Treatment: Contains organic dye and sodium bicarbonate. If swallowed, contact a poison control center or doctor immediately. Do not induce vomiting. If in eyes, rinse with water for 15 minutes. If on skin, rinse well with water.