Tulip Two-Minute Tie Dye Kit - Fruit Punch
Speed up the dye set process from 8 hours to 2 minutes with the same vibrant results! This patent-pending Two-Minute Tie-Dye Kit features specially made containers and supplies to make tie-dye magic in just minutes.
Kit includes two specially made containers, 4 80ml capacity squeeze bottles containing dye colours: Yellow, Fuchsia, Turquoise and Green, 10 rubber bands, two pairs protective gloves and a project guide. For use with 100% cotton fabrics only.
Dyes will appear darker on damp fabric prior to washing and will naturally lighten after laundering.
How to Use:
- Determine the wattage of your microwave.Find the wattage of your microwave (usually on a sticker inside the door). Refer to Microwave Time Chart in your packaging instructions to determine your tie-dye processing time in the microwave
- Soak your fabric. Either prewash your 100% cotton garment and leave wet or soak in a container of water for at least 2 minutes for the cotton fibers to completely absorb the water. Wring out excess water.
- Fold and tie your fabric.Fold your wet garment in desired pattern and secure with rubber bands.
- Prepare tie dye
- Add room temperature water to dye bottles up to fill lines. Replace caps and shake vigorously for at least 1 minute or until dye powder has completely dissolved.
- Apply dye
- Place the bound garment onto plastic table cover and apply dyes. Carefully flip over and apply dye to the other side.
- Microwave your garment
- Immediately place garment into Tie-Dye Container once you’ve finished adding dye. Close the container lid and snap securely in place. Place in microwave, shut the door and set the processing time according to your microwave wattage and the size of your garment. Press start. Do not leave the container unattended while the microwave is processing. After the processing time is complete, leave the container lid closed and allow your project to set for 15 minutes in the container for cooling and complete dye saturation. After 15 minutes, open the lid and allow your garment to cool for another 5 minutes or until it is cool to the touch.
Tips:• Use 100% cotton fabrics only
• Ensure fabric is 100% wet with no dry spots before microwaving to avoid burning
• Do not leave the container unattended while the microwave is processing. Adult Supervision is a must
• After time is complete, leave the lid closed and allow your project to set for 15 minutes
• Be sure fabric has no metal embellishments or metal threading
• The Two-Minute Tie Dye Containers are not just a one-time use and may be used repeatedly for multiple projects
• The Two-Minute Containers may be used with dyes from other Tulip® One-Step Tie Dye Kits
• The dyes in the Two-Minute Tie-Dye Kit may be used with the traditional tie-dye method and not only with the microwave technique