What an event! What a show! It's catchy and quirky. Tuneful and toe-tapping. Exuberant, unexpected and utterly endearing It's what happens when you take a beloved illustrator and children's author and combine her buoyant genius with some of the most talented people on the stage - presenting PHILADELPHIA CHICKENS! Created by Sandra Boynton - whose titles with Workman have over 4.7 million copies in print - PHILADELPHIA CHICKENS is a family musical in a book, bringing together a full-colour songbook of 17-1/2 illustrated story-poems with a full-length, fully orchestrated CD of original songs performed by an all star cast.
From the Back Cover
That curious Boynton pizzazz takes to the stage in Philadelphia Chickens, a zippy musical production for kids and way beyond. And just wait till you hear who's in the cast...
- The Seldom Herd sings "Cows"
- Meryl Streep sings "Nobody Understands Me"
- The Bacon Brothers sing "Philadelphia Chickens"
- Keith Boynton sings "Be Like a Duck"
- Laura Linney sings "Please, Can I Keep It?"
- Eric Stoltz sings "Snuggle Puppy"
- Patti LuPone sings "I Like to Fuss"
- The Bacon Brothers sing "Snoozers"
- Caitlin McEwan sings "Faraway Cookies"
- John Stey sings "Fifteen Animals"
- The Heath Sisters sing "Belly Button" (round)
- Kevin Kline sings "Busybusybusy"
- Michael Ford sings "Those Dinosaur Bones"
- Darcy Boynton chants "Dinosaur, Dinosaur"
- Beth Andrien sings "Jump Rope Jive"
- Scott Bakula sings "Pig Island"
- Adam Bryant sings "Pajama Time"
- Natasha Richardson sings "Silly Lullaby"
- Aaaardvarks (Mark Linn-Baker, Joe Grifasi, Michael Gross & Devin McEwan) sing "The Intermission Song"
With these performers, words and pictures by Sandra Boynton, and music by the incomparable Rhinoceros Tap
team of Boynton & Ford, you have to hear it to believe it. And even then, it may take a while.
Ages: 5-8 years
Dimensions : 21.11 x 1.12 x 26.19 cm